KEEP UP THE TRAINING - SIGN UP - WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK

Well, here we are, two months out from the BDO Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge, with the added challenge of potential Covid-19 restrictions for us all to contend with right now. We want to thank all our amazing fans and supporters who have checked in over recent weeks, for the wonderful messages of support and for your positive approach in wanting to be part of this amazing event on Saturday 27 November.

We too are taking a positive mindset to the current situation and continue to be full steam ahead in our planning to deliver the event on November 27. We want to do everything we can to support our loyal fans, our economy and community until we’re told that we can’t.

With everyone’s safety at the forefront of everything we do however, it would be untoward of us to not recognize the challenges that we all currently face, so we wanted to update you on the work that has been going on behind the scenes, and to provide you with some reassurance and peace of mind regarding our planning.

Along with you all, we don’t know what we don’t know, but we can assure you that provided New Zealand is at a level that allows us to travel across our regions, and also allows everyone to take part in an event of our size (around 5,000 riders plus supporters), we’ll be welcoming you all to our beautiful region on Saturday 27 November.

If, however it becomes clear that this may not be the case, and we have no choice but to not run the event in November, don’t worry - we’ve got you covered. The team have been working tirelessly with many of our stakeholders over recent weeks, and we are pleased to let you know that if we are unable to run the BDO Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge on Saturday 27 November 2021, we have secured for you a postponement date of Saturday 19 February 2022.

If we do need to move to the postponement date, your entry will be automatically transferred to the 19 February 2022 date at no charge. The event is owned by a charitable trust, and we are committed to honouring our commitments to the community we support. No refunds are available however if you are unable to make the postponement date, you will be able to transfer your entry to another rider at no charge right up until 31 January 2022.

We want to assure you that should we have to decide to postpone, we will provide you with plenty of notice to give you time to re-arrange your plans etc. Expect to hear an update toward late October. In the meantime, we hope you’ll share in our positive approach, keep up your training, get your entry in, and help us to play our part with keeping alive our vibrant events industry in New Zealand.