Kids Heart Ride
The purpose of this event is to introduce children to the love of cycling and bikes and let them be part of the hype and excitement of New Zealand’s largest mass participation cycling event. The 5km fun ride is safe and controlled and set up for families to ride together and celebrate together. Just imagine the sense of achievement and smiles on the face of your young ones as they come down the finish chute across the finish line.
|Start Time||From 2:30pm to 3:30pm - Heart Kids Team Ride starts at 3:30pm|
|Start Line||Rainbow Point|
|Finish Line||Tongariro Street, next to Taupo’s Great Lake Centre|
|Registration||Friday from 10am till 10pm and Saturday from 6am till 8am in the Registration marquee next to the Great Lake Centre.|
Kids Heart Riders must be 10 years and under.
Kids Heart Riders must be escorted by an adult rider (aged 18 or over). The escort is to be fully responsible for the Kids Heart Rider.
No vehicles are to be driven alongside the Kids Heart Rider.
All Kids Heart riders and escorts must keep hard left when coming into the finish chute.
- All Kids Heart Riders must be escorted by an adult rider (aged 18 or over). The escort is to be fully responsible for the Rider at all times.
- Kids Heart Rider and escort must arrive at Two Mile Bay Reserve and commence ride between 2.30pm and 3.30pm
- The escort rider can only accompany one Kids Heart Rider
- No vehicles are to be driven alongside the Kids Heart Rider
- Complete a separate entry form for each Kids Heart rider and name the adult who will be your escort
- All Heart Kids riders and escorts must keep hard left when coming into the finish chute
- Special prize draw for Kids Heart Riders only
- Kids Heart riders are not eligible for the major spot prizes