Great Lake Centre, Tongariro Street, Taupo
Friday 28 November 10am – 10pm
Saturday 29 November 6am – 8am
- Event packs with ride numbers and timing tags built into the bike tags must be collected from Event Registration between the above times.
- You must print and bring your confirmation email with your bib number to Event Registration to collect your event pack.
- Event packs for relay teams should be collected by one team member.
- All minor spot prizes are drawn at Registration.
Late entries can be made at Event Registration, Great Lake Centre, Tongariro Street, Taupo:
Friday 28 November 10am – 10pm only (NOT available on Saturday)
- An additional fee of $20 applies to all late entries except Elite, Time Trial and Urban Jungle categories; an additional $5 fee applies to Kids Heart Ride riders and Lakesider
- MTB Urban Jungle – late entries taken at the event in the Great Lake Centre up until 7.30pm if places are still available.
Download the route map for entry into Taupo and for parking in the CBD.
Please note: When you travel to our event or any bike event and put your bikes on a rack at the rear of your vehicle, you must not cover your vehicle licence plate. For information regarding supplementary number plates visit NZTA.
Safety is paramount. We strive to continually improve our event in order to ensure that it is as safe as possible, but we need your help!
We ask all entrants to abide by the following rules:
- You must have had your bike and helmet checked before coming to the event.
- NO ACCOMPANYING VEHICLES ARE NECESSARY OR ALLOWED ON THE COURSE; riders using such vehicles may be disqualified from the event.
- Obey the course marshals’ directions – they are for your safety.
- Do not ride on aero bars when you are in a bunch.
- If you anticipate riding in a bunch then read our Bunch Riding notes here.
- Practice riding in a bunch so you know how it works.
- All traffic laws must be obeyed. Police traffic safety officers will be patrolling the course.
- There are many precautions that we take to make your ride a safe one, but remember that the entire course takes place on public roads, open to all traffic.
- Electronic Timing: All entrants are issued with a bike sticker with a timing strip already attached, which you stick around your bike seat post. This strip electronically records your time as you cross the start and finish lines and as relay riders exit interchange points. These are disposable and do not need to be returned.
Your bike must be in a safe condition for the ride. These dealers offer a Free safety check Note that this does not include any parts or labour needed to repair your bike. This great service is available to entrants in the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge only, so you must present your registration confirmation.
Please prepare your bike in good time.
All road surfaces are sealed, are of a good national standard and the entire course is well sign-posted and marshalled. Police traffic safety officers patrol the course. The following course services are provided:
- Rest/water/Peakfuel hydration stops at all relay interchanges & 7 other drink stations
- Portaloos at all relay interchanges & drink stations
- Rubbish bins at all relay interchanges & drink stations
- Bike mechanics at all relay interchanges
- Sag wagons
- St. John ambulance services
You can use your Event Bag as a drop bag in which you can leave gear at the start, relay interchange points or Half the Lake start at Kuratau School. Your bag will be brought back to Taupo for you to collect later. These are delivered to the Drop Bag returns point. See event map for it’s location.
NOTE: We are unable to move bags from the start to the relay interchange points, or between the relay interchange points.
Bib numbers for all categories will be sent to you after your online registration is complete.
Bike Barn Solo
Bib Number 1 – 6599
Bib Number 6600 – 6699
Bib Number 6700 – 6999
Contact Huka Challenge
Bib Number 7000 – 7999
Contact Huka Steamer
Bib Number 8000-8499
Contact Huka Cruiser
Bib Number 8500 – 8999
Holden Men’s Classic Race
Bib Number 9000 – 9199
OPI Women’s Road Race
Bib Number 9200 – 9299
Contact Huka XL Race
Bib Number 9300 – 9399
Barfoot & Thompson Enduro
Bib Number 9600 – 9799
Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro
Bib Number 9800 – 9899
Barfoot & Thompson Extreme Enduro
Bib Number 9900 – 9999
Half The Lake 73km
Bib Number 10000-11999
4 Person Relay
Bib Number 10000 – 12999
Bib numbers 12500 – 12999
Bib number 13000 13999
Cadence Club Bibs
- Bronze completed 10+ events
- Silver completed 15+ events
- Gold completed 20+ events
- Diamond completed 25+ events
Bike Barn Solo
Start Group Helmet Sticker Dots:
- 1 – Yellow
- 2 - Black
- 3 - Green
- 4 - Purple
- W1 - Pink
- 5 - Orange
- 6 - Maroon
- 7 - Blue
- W2 - Red
- 8 - White
- 9 - White
- Barfoot & Thompson Enduro – Yellow
- Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro – Pink
- Barfoot & Thompson Extreme Enduro - Green